Raising Hell Submission Rules
1. All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer. Repeat offenders may be subject to further action up to and including removal of stories and account.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
2. Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and we worked very hard to add that functionality for you. So please do NOT add your story multiple times
3. Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
4. Titles and summaries must be kid friendly. No exceptions.
5. "Please read", "Untitled", "My First Fic" "I Suck at summaries" etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries. Tip: If you are unable to think of a proper summary, try using words or some dialogue from the chapter/story which best describe the message you are trying to get across.
6. Actor/actress stories are not permitted...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality. No RPF (Real Person Fiction) will be tolerated.
7. Stories including incestuous relationships - parent/child, siblings, other close blood-relatives, etc. - will NOT be tolerated. (Eg. We do not accept crossover stories including Wincest and the like.) We do not deem relationships between transgenics (other than between twins and/or their clones, or those who share a mother or father) to be incest.
8. Due to child pornography laws and not wanting our site to be pulled down (and because it's unacceptable, period!), stories which include sexual congress with minors are not allowed. We do not tolerate stories containing child porn and will not validate any fics with such content.
9. All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately.
10. When submitting chapters to a multi-chaptered fic DO NOT CHECK THE COMPLETE BOX unless you are uploading the last and final installment.
11. Your story must have a beta. We cannot stress this enough. Proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and general structure are of the utmost importance!Stories lacking these basic necessities are not well received by the reading public and it would be a shame to lose out on readership. Besides, we REALLY hate being the bad guys in having to turn your story away!
Use appropriate words eg:- "Her waste was small and trim" obviously should be "Her waist was small and trim." Correct grammar, correct word usage and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators are not grammar Nazis, however, we reserve the right to request corrections for submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted. Mistakes will not be fixed by our submission admin, and if they request of you to fix your story you must do so. Do not send emails to admin badgering them as to why your fic has not been validated if they have sent you a request to fix it.
12. We aim to provide a level of at least moderate to high quality fiction, therefore we have higher standards than alot of unmoderated archives. And if your story does not meet with Admin standards we reserve the right to reject your fiction even if there are no mistakes [For example: Fics that are poorly written, plot is childish or difficult to understand.] If your fic is rejected, do not email the admin with abuse or complaints, as we will not respond. If you have a genuine question as to why your fic was rejected we will be happy to discuss it.
13. Posting Story Covers/Banner Images:
Can you? Absolutely. We know that some sites prefer not to allow that kind of thing, but we don't really take issue with it as long as you are willing to follow the following rules:
1) No image may contain sexually explicit content. All images must be suitable for the general public.
2) Maximum banner dimensions - 750px wide by 300px high.
Note: Images should be posted in the story or chapter notes sections only. Please do NOT place them in your summaries.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules at any time. Please remember, we have these rules in place to provide an easy, safe and comfortable environment for you to read and write fiction. If you do not like our rules please feel free to choose another archive that will not moderate your work.